Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Qele, Qele is more than just a song. Interview with Sirusho.



Hello, Sirusho jan. We are so happy to talk to you again! Congratulations with your yesterday’s perfomance. It was really impressive and amazing.

The song “I like It” introduced you in an unusual, but very interesting and nice style. Will you make over other songs in such a manner?

My last song before »I like it» was »Havatum em» which is a great hit of mine and I heard people singing it in competitions around Europe, I heard a lot of covers and so on, by people who don’t even understand Armenian. It’s a vocally strong and emotional ballad, so after that I wanted to do something more upbeat and fun.The Eurodance music has taken over the world and everyone is doing it their own way and I realized we didn’t really have that in Armenia so I wrote it and added the Armenian touch. By the way there is »Dhol» blended in there too:)
Sirusho, could you tell us about your plans? Are there any projects? Or maybe we should wait for unexpected duets?
We have many invitations and offers but If I tell you about them they wont be unexpected anymore:) One thing I can tell you is you will hear about it very soon:)

What can you tell us about you concert activity?

I have appearances booked until may 2012. And after »I like it» was released we are receiving more invitations and we are negotiating. You will know about it through our web site and fan pages!

If you were an actress, what genre would you prefer? Have you ever thought about actress career?

My father is an actor so I may have got some from him but I am so involved in the music industry that I haven’t really thought about it.

Are you in touch with Boaz and Jelena Tomašević?

Yes, I spoke to Jelena just recently.»Time to Pray» was a great project and I am very proud of it and it’s one of my favorite songs too! we keep in touch with other Eurovision colleagues as well and we meet up on different concerts around Europe!

After ESC 2008 “Qele, qele” became something more than just a song. What does this song mean to you?

It’s a special song and it brings so much joy, when I was working on the song I didn’t know it would become this big. Thats one song that will stay forever. It has been a few years but I still hear it on the streets on parties etc.

The question which cares all your fans, will we see you again on ESC? If yes, in what style you will present your show?

I was sure I won’t go again but when every day you hear people saying they want you to go, you stop being so sure that you won’t go. But that still doesn’t mean I will, I am enjoying what Im doing now but I guess never say never.

Do you follow ESC? Are there any songs that you really liked last years?

I don’t follow ESC much but it’s very dear to me:) I basically watch it every year I get offers to write songs for he competitors or take part myself etc but I don’t follow it throughout the year.no matter how much I follow it Im in the Eurovision family:)

In your opinion, who should represent Armenia on ESC 2012?


We have very good singers, I don’t have someone in mind but may be SOAD ? They are my good friends and I like their music, even though I think we have very good artists here in Armenia too…I don’t know,I don’t have a final answer for that yet.

Now we would like to go away the art topic and touch a little Armenia and not only. You are a native dweller of our beautiful country. Tell us, please, what emotions does Erevan give you? What they were 10 years ago and now?

During my press conferences in Eurovision many people would ask me what I would show them. If my country had won, and I realized there is really so much I would want to show. This is one country that holds great history so there is much to see with your eyes but what you receive emotionally is the real value. I like to think of Armenians as kind,open hearted,hospitable people-that is what I have seen growing up in an Armenian family and thats what I would want everyone to see when they visit Armenia.

If you have only one wish to make our country better, what was it? Especially in Yerevan?

I don’t wish instead of that I try to make it better as much as I can, let it be small or big. If we all do so one day we will have a better country and the next day we will have a better world!

Sirusho, you have visited a lot of countries, did you felt anywhere like at home?

The audience on my concerts makes me feel home no matter what country I am in. I have had concerts in around 30 countries and I am lucky to say my audience is the best!

In the end your wishes to OGAE Armenia Club.

Keep up the good work of connecting people from different countries! What your doing is very important! Be the friendly and kind team that you are!:)





No comments:

Post a Comment